2 T canola oil
1 small white onion, diced
1 T minced garlic
2 cans (12.5 oz) premium chicken breast, drained
Black pepper, to taste
2 tsp cumin powder
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp Mexican spice blend
4 canned Chipotle chiles, seeded and minced
8 oz canned corn, drained
1 can (10 oz) Original Rotel
1/2 tsp All-purpose flour
16 corn tortillas
1 1/2 cup canned enchilada sauce
1 cup shredded Jack and Cheddar cheeses
Chopped cilantro or tomatoes
Guacamole or sliced avocado
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat oil in large, deep-dish saute pan over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic until tender.
2. Add chicken to pan and season with black pepper, cumin, garlic powder, and Mexican spices.
(Pro-tip: We aren't using salt because canned foods already have added salt. No extra salt is needed!!)
3. Add Chipotle chiles, corn and Rotel. Stir to combine. Simmer 1-2 minutes. Dust the mixture with flour to help thicken.
4. Microwave corn tortillas for 30 seconds to soften. Coat the bottom of a 13 x 9 inch pan with a ladle of enchilada sauce. Using a large shallow bowl, dip each tortilla in enchilada sauce to lightly coat. Fill tortilla with 1/4 cup of mixture, roll up, and place in pan seam-side down. Top with remaining enchilada sauce and cheese.
5. Bake for 15 minutes, or until cheese melts. Garnish with your favorite toppings, and serve with Spanish rice and beans.